Thank you for your interest in applying to be a Volunteer at Camp Tapawingo. Camp Tapawingo exists to prepare people to be disciples of Christ by providing a quiet, peaceful and natural environment to develop and strengthen guests in their physical, spiritual, personal and social relationships, so that they are better enabled to be positive influences in society. We are a Christian camp dedicated to living out our faith in Jesus Christ through service to our guests. We view all employees and volunteers as ministers of the gospel.
Each summer we look for volunteers to serve as Counselors at our Tapawingo-programmed summer camps. We currently offer three weeks of summer camp to students entering grades 3rd-12th. Counselors must be known and approved by Tapawingo Staff, have attended Leadership Retreat and/or Counselor Training Day, pass a background check, and be approved by the Director for that week of camp. Counselors will be leading or co-leading a cabin group. They are expected to be able to relate to campers from a variety of backgrounds, to be able to share their testimony clearly and concisely, to participate in all activities that take place, and to follow and support the Tapawingo Policies and Procedures.
• Be a believer and follower of Jesus Christ who actively participates in a church or ministry.
• Be known by at least one member of the Tapawingo Core Team.
• Complete the application and screening process required by Camp Tapawingo, Inc.
• Be at least 18 years of age to serve at Junior Camp and Middle School Camp, or 21 years of age to serve at High School Camp.
• Respect and submit to the leadership of Camp Tapawingo and the Director for the week you are serving.
• Respect and uphold Camp Tapawingo policies and procedures.
• Agree with Camp Tapawingo’s Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith:
• We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe in the one living and true God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, His atoning death through His shed blood, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father,
and His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe salvation from sin and death comes through faith in Christ’s redeeming sacrifice.
• We believe the indwelling Holy Spirit enables Christians to live godly lives.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
• We believe in God’s definition of human sexuality and marriage as stated in the Bible.
• Have an understanding of the Child Protection Plan and follow it.
• Be Prepared:
o Spiritually: Be in right relationship with God and others. Be prepared to share your testimony with campers and have an understanding of God’s work in your own life.
o Physically: Come prepared to have a successful week. Come healthy
and well rested. Pack the things you need to make cabin life enjoyable for
you and your campers.
o Emotionally: Think hard before you commit to a week of service. Know
your motivation for serving and be sure it aligns with Camp Tapawingo’s
• Be a Sacrificial Servant. (Galations 6:1-10)
o Serve with Grace, Humility, Generosity, Perseverance, and Impartiality. We are not the Savior, we are pointing others to the Savior. A week of service at Tapawingo is not about yourself. It is about sharing God’s love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness with campers. With ALL campers. Be aware of who you are giving your time to, how you are using that time, and how you are representing Tapawingo, and Christ, to those around you.
• Be an Active Participant in all responsibilities, duties, and activities that are taking place while you are at camp.