Camp background information… The vision for Camp Tapawingo began in 1953 when a 160 acre parcel with a lodge was purchased. Intended to be used for Christian camping, it was open just 5 months of the year. In 1975 a full-time manager was hired and it began operating as a year-round camp and retreat center. We are affiliated with the NABNW association, and members of these churches have given years of volunteer hours and support to keep Camp Tapawingo moving forward. Camp Tapawingo INC. is operated by a Board of Directors and is a non-profit, 501c3 Corporation. We are active members of the Christian camp and Conference Association.